This one goes out to my best friend Leyla, a super-talented lady who was nice enough to make the banner for my site. It’s weird being separated from someone you care so much about (she lives in a different country at the moment), and that’s sort of the theme of this mixtape — it’s a combination of running away from a city that alienates you and moving on with someone new.
I couldn’t really make a mixtape called “Let’s Get Out of Here” without including the Les Savy Fav song of the same name, so I hope you’ll excuse me for that moment of cheesiness.
Let's Get Out of Here by Neophyteblog on Mixcloud
1) Way Back Home – Rodeo
2) Run Run Run – Dragonette
3) City Grrrl (Teeth Remix) – CSS
4) Anywhere But Here (feat. Emily Panic) – Killer Mike
5) Runaway Love – Diamond Rings
6) Running – Jessie Ware
7) Montana – Elite Gymnastics
8) Let’s Get Out of Here – Les Savy Fav
9) Next Stop – Bleached
10) Highway 61 Revisited – PJ Harvey
11) Cherokee – Cat Power
Want a mixtape? You know the drill.
It wasn’t until I was listening to Kelly Rowland’s “Kisses Down Low” the other day that I thought about all of the songs where women sing about getting theirs (THAT *OTHER* C WORD). There isn’t exactly a shortage of songs about cunnilingus, but there aren’t really boatloads of them either. I didn’t really stick to the theme of strictly going down, but it’s a pretty decent mix of ladies coming first (If you exclude Lily Allen’s “Not Fair,” which is exactly the opposite).
Me First- Songs of Female Sexual Pleasure by Neophyteblog on Mixcloud
I just finished making the CD version
1. Kisses Down Low – Kelly Rowland
2. Give it to Me Right – Melanie Fiona
3. Play – Goapele
4. Ladies Night (Not Tonight Remix) – Lil’ Kim
5. Downtown – SWV
6. You Know You Like It (Raffertie Remix) – Alunageorge
7. Twist – Goldfrapp
8. Stroitel – Cheese People
9. Not Fair – Lily Allen
10. Luv Cruisin – Making Friendz
11. I Like You So Much Better When You’re Naked – Ida Maria
It’s going out to my friend Shelby. If you want to request a mix go to this form right here.