Not a Neophyte is a music blog focusing on women and queer musicians. It’s run by Chelsea Upton- a University of Texas at Dallas graduate, former college radio Music Director, and current Brooklyn resident. For inquiries or freelance offers [heeeyyyyy *wink*] email chelsupton [@] gmail.com
– doesn’t have a sense of humor due to her heightened sense of smell.
– is skeptical of the statement that The Clash is “the only band that matters.”
– calls mix CDs “mixtapes” even though she’s aware that they are not the same thing.
– hates the phrase “[band currently performing] is killing it!”
– had a one-woman reenactment of STOMP! that was never as successful as she hoped it would be, but her collection of cleaning tools is now very impressive.
– lives by a motto that is a combination of “Everybody Dance Now” and “Ride It (My Pony).”
– accepts no hateration/holleration
– doesn’t own any cats yet.